This page provides access to an HtDig search facility for the content of the Free Range Activism Website
HtDig is quite complex programme with awful documentation. Here's a few hints on using it:
- The FRAW site area box restricts the area of the site searched for keywords.
- The Match words box changes the way in which the words you enter into the search box are checked –
- If you select "all words" then HtDig looks for files which contain all those keywords will be shown in the list, ranked according to how you set the relevance box;
- If you select "any words" then files which contain any of the keywords will be shown, ranked in order of how many of the words in your list they contain, and then sorted according to how you set the relevance box;
- If you select "boolean" then you can construct complex searches using logical operators (AND, OR and NOT) – for example you could list files which contained certain keywords by putting AND between them, but exclude others by putting NOT before that word.
- The Results length box changes the format of the list HtDig produces –
- "long list" gives the title and an extract from the description of the file; or
- selecting "short list" simply lists the titles of each file;
- The Sort order box changes the way in which the HtDig results are displayed –
- the results can be sorted according to the "relevance score", weighted according to how many of your words/boolean conditions were matched;
- selecting "time" orders the results according the timestamp/date on the file;
- selecting "title" orders the list by the title of the file;
- Selecting the "reverse" option with any of the above three options reverses the overall order of the results list.