The Free Range Network's “Fracking Truth”
stall at the Green Gathering, 2014
The Free Range Network
The Free Range Network is a “dysorganisation” of researchers and campaigners working as an informal collective, undertaking public interest research on the environmental and technological mechanisms of lifestyle change
WEIRD – Thinking Beyond Technology:
Issue no.3, ‘Britain's Energy & Climate Crisis’
Click here for a brief explanation about the ‘WEIRD’ newsletter.
Download this edition
- A4 format PDF – for printing at A4, single- or double-sided, stapled in the top-left corner; or
- A3 brochure format PDF – for printing as an A3 double-sided, folded and stapled brochure, or (with very small text) scaling-down for double-sided A4.
- ☮ Introduction:
‘Britain's Energy & Climate Crisis’
- Introducing this special third edition, investigating 'Britain's Energy & Climate Crisis', to demonstrate that neither side in this heated debate cares about statistical reality, or its deeper meaning.
- ☮ ‘Data shows the single most effective
measure to reduce carbon emissions quickly is a
- We start at the most controversial beginning; a truth locked within the data.
- ☮ An Energy History of Britain
- The history of energy in Britain is a catalogue of failure, from decisions that ignore ecological reality.
- ☮ Home Energy Use: ‘Domesticity’ breeds confusion
- The media focus on domestic energy; it doesn’t amount to much, and so distracts from other parts of the economy.
- ☮ Renewable energy: An ‘uncontested good’
- Everyone loves renewable energy, don’t they?; but few really understand its contribution to energy supply.
- ☮ The scandal of the ‘green’ biofuels that damage the Earth
- Calling it ‘renewable’ doesn’t make energy sources ‘ecologically’ sound.
- ☮ Has 'Green' gone wrong?: Shifting the debate on energy & climate change
- ‘Planet of the Humans’ caused a storm in green circles; their response actually accentuated the film’s arguments.
- ☮ Energy follows lifestyle: Where does it all go?
- What the national energy statistics do not fully capture is lifestyle – and how lifestyle influences emissions.
- ☮ ‘Do you want to live, or do you want to watch Netflix? Yes, it really is that simple.’
- Concluding the ‘energy special’, what can we understand about Britain from its energy data?