Posters from the Croughton Peace Festival 2016
You can download a PDF file containing Paul Mobbs' slides from the USAF Croughton march and demonstration by clicking here. You can also download an audio podcast as an MP3 or OGG format.
USAF Croughton Quaker Meetings 2016
Click here to download information on the Quaker Meetings at the gates of USAF Croughton during 2016.
JIAC planning documents added to site
For anyone who has tried to get information from South Northamptonshire Council's website, it's very slow and cumbersome to use. Due to this barrier to public oversight, a copy of the principal planning and design documents for the Joint Intelligence Analysis Complex at USAF Croughton has been added to the site.
Research and educational resources
Both the media reports archive and the information/educational videos archive have been reloaded to the site.
This site is devoted to USAF Croughton (and its outstation, Barford St. John), the USA's communications and combat support base on the border of Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Croughton is part of a global system of electronic communications, control and surveillance that works on behalf of the US military and intelligence establishment; it is an active part of both US foreign policy, and the projection of American military power across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
This site brings together information about what Croughton is/does, those working to highlight its role in conflict and the use of advanced surveillance and weapons technology, and recent reports/articles which highlight the role of Croughton.
To access the content of the site use the menu in the top-left of the screen.
'Croughtonwatch' is part of the Free Range Activism Website.
To contact Croughtonwatch email –
(replace the '☮' with '@')
Latest Events and Media Reports:
- ☮ Washington Post: Obama administration expands elite military unit’s powers to hunt foreign fighters globally, 25/11/2016
- The Obama administration is giving the elite Joint Special Operations Command — the same organization that helped kill Osama bin Laden in a 2011 raid by Navy SEALs — expanded power to track, plan and potentially launch attacks on terrorist cells around the globe, a move driven by concerns of a dispersed terrorist threat as Islamic State militants are driven from strongholds in Iraq and Syria, U.S. officials said.
- ☮ Miami Herald: The strange tale of a congressman's fight to build a U.S. listening post in the Azores, 17/11/16
- A powerful California congressman of Portuguese descent has pushed for years for the installation of a costly U.S. intelligence facility in the Azores, a Portuguese archipelago in the North Atlantic.
- ☮ Motherboard: US Drone Pilots May Be ‘Illegally’ Acquiring Targets From UK Bases, 1/11/2016
- Creech Air Force Base, Nevada, is widely known to be the heart of the United States’ overseas drone operations... But a British human rights campaign group says it has uncovered documents that show the US is also conducting its military drone operations from within Royal Air Force (RAF) bases in the UK, an act that would be deemed in breach of international laws, argues the group.
- ☮ RT: Reprieve – RAF Base Used By US For Drone Operations', 1/11/2016
- Anti-US army base campaigner Lindis Percy, explains why evidence such as this report is important in getting more exposure for the issue.
- ☮ The Observer: US personnel ‘targeting killer drones from Britain’, 30/10/2016
- The Observer has an article about US personnel targeting drone strikes from USAF Molesworth – in contravention of international law. This is the work which will be transferred, and significantly expanded, to Croughton as part of the new Joint Intelligence Complex development.
- ☮ Croughton March and Peace Festival 2016
- A selection of photographs from this year's peace festival at USAF Croughton.
- ☮ Posters from the Croughton Peace Festival 2016
- You can download a PDF file containing Paul Mobbs' slides from the USAF Croughton march and demonstration by clicking here.
You can also download an audio podcast, prepared for the Keep Space for Peace Week, about USAF Croughton – as an MP3 or OGG format.